Guild Schedule

NEWS:
KvebG0PA (zero, not O) (got this code 3/28/19)

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hotkeys Not Working

I recently had my Shift+Z command suddenly stop functioning. It was working and then it wasn't. I made no changes that I knew of, it just quit working while I was playing - it wasn't even at a restart.

It started off doing this on just one character. But as I relogged each one, it happen to them as well.

I tried reassigning the bot start/stop command, but that did not work.

I cleared my cache. Didn't work.

I checked my other computer they could all use the command just fine on that computer.

I soon learned that this has happened to other people as well. Everyone's advice was to use Shift+X to open the bot menu to manually turn bot on and off while I wait for it to randomly start working again.


I checked the forums and got this:
Hey guys. I did no real changes to my settings at all, after the new update, aside from change the bot commands from shift back to ctrl out of habit and randomly today I can no longer use the shortcut to activate the bot. Ctrl-z fails, even resetting to defaults doesn't work. Anyone have a solution? Tried fluting and asking around...everyone gave me the whole "you know it's shift-z now right?" routine. HALP

I posted the above about two weeks ago, and still no fix. I tried submitting a ticke tnad went through all the jazz of it. Following steps were suggested

1. Change the settings individually
2. use shift-z instead
3. change pvp settings
4. reset settings to default

Even had a ticket guy tinker on my account (creepy, by the by). Any help here? I did no changes at all.
To which someone answered:
yup since yesterday got the same problem no matter what key i asign to start the bot wont work. can only do through the botting interface and click start

had Shift + z for interface
had Ctr + z for start / stop

now Ctrl + z wont work

if i set Ctrl + z for the interface that works ( so not a problem recognising the key combination )
These weren't working for me - and setting bot settings to default >.>  I even tried changing the hotkey command - nothing.

All my other hotkeys were working. But, in addition to Shift+Z not working, scroll arrows were not working in the game either. I had to grab the scroll bar, or hover and use the mouse scroll. Arrows did nothing.

I verified the game - still nothing.

Xios_Soul had one last suggestion - restart my computer.

That worked! When I restarted my computer, I also saw that my Flash Player needed an update, which I know bugs out my browser if it sits undone too long, so I will be updating that as well.

Hope some of these suggestions help you if this ever happens to you!

UPDATE (12/21/15): this happened to me again. I restarted my computer and once again, Flash Player was asking for an update. I am pretty sure that this issue has something to do with Flash Player being out-of-date. A restart and a FP update seem to do the trick :)

UPDATE (2/29/16): if you have a character that has repeated problems with their bot while none of your other characters do, try resetting their bot. That worked for one of mine. Also, using the BOT 2 helps.

UPDATE (2/20/17): I uninstalled Flash Player on one of my computers and never had this happen again on that computer.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that the character you are trying to use bot for has to be lvl 60+ before they can use it

    ReplyDelete